Texas Tech University Outpatient - Correctional Nurse-H95289 in Amarillo, Texas
Outpatient - Correctional Nurse-H95289
Requisition ID 12295BR
Work Location Amarillo
Org Level 1 Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Department Psych Outpatient North
Position Description Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Major/Essential Functions Performs responsible, professional nursing in the Department of Corrections to a psychiatric in-patient facility. Delivers Professional Nursing based on knowledge and application of the principles of biological, physical, and social science. Is responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted levels of care. Accurately assess the patient, being aware of variances from the normal, and reports significant findings in a timely manner. Administers and documents medication delivery. Provides direct intervention to offender/patients. Assists in emergencies and other nursing duties as assigned.
• Communicates patient data usingEMRto support decision-making to improve patient care.
• Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention inEMR.
• Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
• Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
• Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
• Complies withCMHCandTTUHSCpolicy and security procedures including all necessary paperwork.
• Performs direct therapeutic interaction/care for the patient in the outpatient setting.
• Demonstrates an understanding of mental illness and correctional managed healthcare.
Occasional Duties Additional tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications License/Certification: * Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N. license to Texas. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * None
One year of experience in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting.
Basic computer skills.
Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type Full Time
Pay Basis Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate 21.28
Pay Statement Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Travel Required None
Grant Funded? No
Job Group Professionals
Removal Date 12/13/2018